Saturday, January 29, 2011

Knock Out GF-Que Sauce (Easy!)

[UPDATE]

This recipe has officially been tasted and approved by a real life, card carrying Kansas BBQ judge.  Enjoy!

2/3 cup black strap molasses
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup agave or honey
1/2 cup wheat free tamari
1/2 cup of GFCO BBQ seasonings (smoked paprika, cumin, garlic, onion, mustard, black pepper, and cayenne)
1/2 can fire roasted tomatoes


















Place all the liquids in the blender, and get them going on high.  Add the tomatoes and spice slowly.

That's it!

 

 

 

On the Que

I suggest marinating your meat in 1/2 your sauce the night before and letting the meat bake on 250 degrees, covered for about 2 hours.  Kiss the meat on the grill once the heat is even and low.  Don't keep it on too long.  The sugars in the meat will BURN easily.  This is not grilling.  This is adding flavor.  You meat should be safely cooked before it hits the grill.

I prefer to let my emulsion cure for a week or so.  However, it really isn't a requirement.  I also add a few special spices to my mix -- I'd tell ya, but I'd have to kill ya.

Here is a song from my dear friends Jenny Kerr and Philbille Milner that gets me in a Summer mood.


No comments:

Post a Comment